With 40-hour plus workweeks, raising a family, and trying to maintain a semblance of a social life, it can seem like there is no time for wellness. Even a 30-minute workout seems impossible, much less cooking a healthy dinner after a long day.
The truth is, you will always be busy, and living a healthy lifestyle will be challenging. It’s also true that healthy “me time” must be a priority to ensure our body and soul have what they need to accomplish everything else. Daily rituals create mini opportunities to fit more into your day in short little bursts. They fall within the realm of habits: activities we perform regularly to support body and soul. They require minimal time and effort, but they work cumulatively, so consistency matters—the more time invested, the bigger (and better) the payoff.
Here’s how our leadership team DROPs a little wellness into their day…
Francine’s day consists of a variation of:
- Before I get out of bed or look at my phone, I start my day with 10-minutes of being grateful for all that I have.
- Ritualistically, I take LivonLabs vitamin C, glutathione, and magnesium every day on empty stomach. Vitamin B is so potent I take it once every 3-4 days!
- To fuel me for the busy day ahead, I eat a whole food breakfast containing good protein. A go-to is gluten-free avocado toast with Heidi’s brand vegan sausage or overnight oats with chia & fruit! 😋
- Gotta keep those bones strong in your 40’s—I stretch and do some resistance training—at least 30 mins daily!
- When I am opening the store, I head to DROP early for a sweat session—or I take my labradoodle Rebel on a 3-4 mile walk!
Shelley starts her day early with:
- Gotta get that unconditional love to start your day—that little serotonin release to put a smile on your face—I always make time for snuggles from my golden doodle (hubby first, then doodle 😆).
- When my morning lines up (60% & pushing for 75% of the time), I get in a minimum 30-min Peloton ride or Yoga session and always a 5-20 min meditation.
- On an empty stomach and before anything else, I religiously take LivonLabs vitamin C, glutathione, and L-Carnitine supplements followed by a D3 vitamin. Then I make a fresh juice (go to veggies = spinach, kale, rainbow chard, carrots, celery, cucumbers, beet, ginger, turmeric, lemon & apple).
- After dropping the kids at school, I run to DROP for a quick sauna session before work. (Tip*: Before I hop in the sauna I love to dry brush my body and face!) 💦
- It’s after my sauna session that I typically get in a quick breakfast and a bit of coffee (sometimes with sometimes without, caffeine) with plant protein, a bit of local honey, a shake of bee pollen, a dash of cayenne pepper, and cinnamon, and then some form of oatmeal. I like overnight oats or hot oatmeal, as both last a while, energy-wise, throughout the day.
Amanda kick starts her day with:
- My alarm typically rings at 5 am. I’m not a snoozer so I get right up and tuck the boys back into bed (Jeffrey and Louie, the human Dachshund, on the other hand, are snoozers). For a boost of minerals and vitamin C first thing in the morning I turn on the kettle, pour hot water and a TBL spoon of Sole (Himalayan sea salt soaked in water for 24-hours) and lemon into a glass—and chug! 🧡
- Then I grab a cold brew coffee and collagen (BC it’s easy and I’m usually running late out the door at 5:45 for a 6 am workout class!)
- After class, I hop right into the sauna and set my intentions for the day. A post-workout sauna session helps my body recover faster, resets my mind, and adds a bonus calorie burn to my daily goals. (Tip*: I use my sauna brush and GuaSha stone consistently before I start sweating. My skin is softer than ever because of this.)
- I try to hydrate before breaking a fast around 12 pm—some days are easier than others! Progress over perfection…
Remember, make time for yourself and your well-being. You NEED it!
What are some ways that you incorporate wellness into your busy schedule? Please comment below, we would love to hear from you!